Topic: A.E6 The Art of Reading Children's Drawings
Synopsis: Here's a thought: how do you think? More specifically, what do you do when you need to think? Now think it about it from a child's perspective - what do you think they do when they need to think?
Children draw to think and think to draw. When we as adult caregivers learn the art of reading children's drawings, we get to connect with them on their terms because they gain insights into what really matters to them.
Through this workshop, participants will learn to
(1) Identify the cognitive processes induced through drawing
(2) Understand children's visual representational strategies
(3) Apply information elicited from children's drawings to build connection
(4) Apply information elicited from children's drawings to extend children's thinking and learning
(5) Improve pedagogical practices in activity-planning for children